My process dictates that much of the work percolates and offers new possibilities for continued inquiry, exploration, and community engagement long after it’s “finished.” Here’s a taste.
- FENCE+CO’s ChalkTalk (December 2019): a collaboration to break the divide that a fence implies and reconfigure it as a site of democratic participation and community exchange.
- Scion: A Community Metaphor-Maker (July 2018): a a cob-construction sculptural form and community catalyst. Montalvo Arts Center, July 2018.
- Fortitude: Collaborating to Fortify Social Justice & Global Ecology (June 2018): an exploration in how we might collaborate to fortify social justice and global ecology via process and form. Montalvo Arts Center, June 2018.
- ExquisiteKnowing Challenge: Exploring Poverty & Privilege on Bikes (August 2017): an immersive, cycling-based 6-day examination and living experiment in community, working homelessness, and innovation.
- Abacus Creek: Ekphrasis in Action (March 2017): 6th graders respond to Nick Cave’s Soundsuits
- Imaginary Friends & Family: Warsaw Portraits (November 2013). Photos and text. (featured on Hyperallergic.) And, from this seed has grown the Imaginary Friends and Family Project (2013-2015)
- Fed: A Home-Based Community Performance (2014)
- Performing Warsaw: Art Every Day, Everyday Art (2013-2014): The critters and I relocated for twelve months to Warsaw, Poland, to extend the questions, themes, and methodologies I had been working with for the past few years to a different socio-historical-linguistic context. Through text, photography, video, performance, and participant observation, I explored how dislocation and exile shifted my perspective and insight and how the experience and work of Polish artists and curators broadened my own vision.
- American (post): An Experiment in Democratic Participation (2010-2013). Poems, 2D & 3D visual art, installation, community performance, and video.